I recently ordered a "blooming azalea bonsai tree" through FTD for my mother-in-law (on mother's day this year), as she lives out of state. Although the FTD website advised that the tree may not be in the bloom stage upon delivery (rather, it may arrive in the "bud" stage for freshness purposes), the FTD website promised a healthy bonsai tree that would bloom twice a year.

Instead, my mother-in-law received a bug infested bonsai with zero buds upon delivery and zero buds nearly a month later. To add insult to injury, the tree is now losing leaves and "sprouting" even more tiny insects--no doubt the product of a unhealthy plant to start with...oh and the other zero to add to this story...that's exactly how many responses I have received from FTD after numerous requests that FTD either return my nearly $100 payment (which includes the delivery charge), or replace the deficient plant with a healthy bonsai.

This experience explains the plethora of poor reviews I am now discovering online when it comes to FTD's product and so-called customer service. With the multitude of options in regard to online florists/delivery, I advise anybody that is considering purchasing anything from FTD in the future to NOT do so, as you will likely be disappointed; rather, go with a reputable local establishment, as it/they are much more likely to deliver a better product, thereby avoiding the FTD FLEECE I experienced.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments