I ordered a plant for cousins' 30th wedding anniversary well in advance. As of 9:00pm, on the scheduled delivery date (guaranteed delivery by 3:00pm on Friday, the plant had not arrived according to tracking information. Knowing a Saturday delivery was out of the question as I had not paid extra rate for weekend delivery, I called 800# for FTD. A woman kept reading from a script - I apologize, I know this must upset you but they have until the end of the day to deliver. OK, until midnight? Who does that - not UPS, not FedEx.

They said if they didn't deliver them on Friday, they would deliver it on Monday. This was in Florida on a 95 degree day. The rep was in another part of the world, obviously not familiar with Florida weather.

She said I'd have to call back on the next day to request a credit because (reading script), I apologize, I know this must upset you but they have until the end of the day to deliver. Next morning called, asked for supervisor, same accent and very difficult to understand, I apologize, I know this must upset you. I can credit you 20% and the plant will be delivered on Monday. I said, no, the plant is on a truck over the weekend, guaranteed delivery didn't happen. I want a fresh plant. Ok but no discount and they won't get it until Tuesday. OMG

Just deliver what I ordered on time. She ended up sending a new plant and gave me the 20% discount anyway. Yeesh! I spent 20 minutes ordering the item on a smartphone while on vacation and another 40 minutes on the phone trying to track down a delivery. She did ask if I wanted to change the message on the card. I said, how about stating "Sorry for the late delivery" before my message.

That's exactly what they wrote. Dear Diary. They will make it right if you have the patience to withstand a call in which you have to ask the rep to repeat just about everything she is saying. Why such a huge company sends their customer service to another country is more frustrating - the time spent by reps trying to remedy a situation when they have difficulty communicating cannot be cost effective. Keep jobs in the USA. I'm done ordering with this company and BTW - I'm a Gold Member which means I get free delivery and priority service. I pay an annual fee for this privilege.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Ftd. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ftd.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Flowers / Florist category for more informed decision or compare Ftd to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Ftd?

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1320640

I couldn't agree more! Not only can you not understand them, they are completely incapable of following very simple instructions. I will never use this company again!