I ordered flowers for my mother for Mother's Day and paid extra (Gold Membership) to ensure that the flowers would be delivered several days before Mother's Day. I was then traveling and was dismayed to find upon my return a message from FTD that they were "unable to find a florist in the area to deliver the flowers".

Pure and simple this is a broken contract. It is like an airline selling you a ticket to fly to city X and then when you show up at the airport for the flight, being told, "sorry, there is no airport in city X so you are out of luck". Excuse me, FTD entered into a contract and accepted money for a delivery service that they had no capability to fulfill. This is both false advertising and breech of contract.

I called customer service and over an hour worked up the telephone tree to the most senior customer agent (Carlos). The story was the same at each level, "gee, sorry we broke our contract. We'll give you a discount on flowers to be delivered next week." No, I am not going to give you money (a discount is not a credit) to deliver Mother's Day flowers a week after Mother's Day. I suggested that a $100 credit for a future order would offset some of the damage (I can't undo the fact that my mother did not receive flowers on Mother's Day) but they said "that is not our policy, we only can offer a discount for a delivery next week".

This is simply unacceptable.

I have real damages - my 92 year old mother did not receive flowers on Mother's Day and she may not live to her 93rd Mother's Day - and a discount (i.e., I pay more money and FTD probably still makes a profit on the order, just less profit) does not make up for this damage. For further information, the ORDER NO.: was C1006998410 and the delivery was promised for May 12, 2017, two days before Mother's Day.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ftd Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: $100 credit to be used on a future order..

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 20, 2017.

Comments