2.1
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I ordered birthday flowers for my mother for a Tuesday delivery.The arrangement had different "levels", and I ordered one of the upgraded levels for a "full and lush" arrangement.

I received a thank you from my mother on that Tuesday, and she also sent a picture. Looking at the picture, the arrangement contained about 50% of the flowers that were pictured/described for the base arrangement, so instead of sending the "full and lush" upgrade, she received the "sparse" downgrade. I filled out the online customer service form the next day (Wed). I called their customer service Friday morning since I hadn't heard back.

After taking my complaint over the phone, they offered to refund some of my money. I said no, that I wanted the proper arrangement which I paid for delivered, which they agreed to. Over that weekend I received an email that there is an issue and the flowers cannot be delivered (why didnt they call me instead of emailing?). So I call back on Monday morning when I see the email.

After providing the customer service rep my case #, they proceed to ask me 5 questions to verify who I am: My name, my address, recipient name, recipient address, and recipient phone. I am getting frustrated and ask if this is really necessary just to fix whatever is wrong with the delivery attempt, and they assured me it is their security procedure. After satisfying the person I was legit, they look up the issue. They tell me the flowers cannot be delivered because they do not have the recipient's phone number.

What the heck... they absolutely have it because they just made me confirm the recipient's phone number to validate who I was. The florist also successfully delivered the flowers the first time without any issue. This is insane.

Anyway, they say the flowers will now be delivered. Thursday morning I call back because there has still been no contact or delivery from the florist. Now the customer rep tells me he cant have the flowers delivered because it has been more than a week. Even after I explain it is because they have been ignoring me for a week, he claims it is not possible to have them delivered.

So I ask to talk to a manager. Finally someone who sounds capable and willing to fix this... she puts me on hold and calls the original florist, they do not answer, so she calls a different florist and has them schedule a same day delivery. Next day, still no delivery.

I give up. I call a (hopefully) last time for some money back. They offer all the money back (they have always been more eager to give me money then get me the flowers), but I tell them 50% is fair (that was offered to me before, plus I did receive a nice arrangement on time, just not what was ordered). I also canceled the "free shipping for a year" I paid for when I placed my order, and got refunded the difference between that package and what shipping would have cost me.

I don't think I was being unreasonable. I didn't have a complaint about a subjective opinion of the flowers. There was not an issue that the original item was unavailable.

This was the same as if they advertised 6 roses, I paid to upgrade and have 9 roses delivered, but they delivered 3 roses and were incapable of sending the other 6.Never again FTD, never again

Review about: Ftd Arrangement.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Do not sell what you are unable to deliver! I My problem is now resolved, assuming I get the refunds promised.

Had an Experience with Ftd?

Comments